Novagraaf is recruiting for an experienced IP Consultant with a focus on trademark law to join our offices in Belgium (Brussels/Ghent).
As IP Consultant, you will be responsible for managing the IP rights of our clients and advising them on the development and defence of their IP rights. The Belgian team consists of 16 colleagues with an atmosphere that can be described as ambitious, accessible and non-hierarchical.
You will have five years of experience as an IP attorney and ready to take the next step in your career. You know how important it is for a company to build a strong brand strategy. You will respond quickly and fully, therefore, to clients' questions and, above all, take the time to advise and assist them thoroughly. You will understand the importance of a good client relationship and of networking during business association events.
Your main challenges as IP Consultant will be to deliver:
- Knowledge: To-the-point advice to our clients and the further development of our services and knowledge;
- Customer satisfaction: A good understanding of the current and future IP needs of the customer; and
- High-performance culture: Contribute to the good performance and knowledge of the entire team.
Role and responsibilities
In the position of IP Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Advising our clients on IP strategy and the best management of their IP portfolios;
- Assisting our clients in all legal matters relating to IP, such as conducting trademark searches and defining the territorial and substantive scope of trademark protection;
- Handling litigation files, oppositions and appeals, and drafting observations;
- Recognising the wishes and needs of clients and translating these into concrete, pragmatic and business-oriented advice;
- Building a relationship of trust with our clients and strengthening the customer relationship through up-selling and cross-selling activities; and
- Representing Novagraaf during IP conferences and webinars, contributing publication and delivering presentations to clients, professionals and industry organisations.
We offer the opportunity to:
- Establish your own practice with a large and diverse range of clients;
- Work in consultation with a senior consultant to represent the interests of our firm's key clients;
- A full-time job and the ability to work flexibly;
- An attractive salary package with interesting terms of employment; and
- A pleasant and open company culture where personal growth is stimulated;
Our offices are easy to reach by public transport (Brussels), by bicycle or car.
- You will be a lawyer with a specialisation in IP;
- You will have worked for five years or more in an IP consulting firm, in the IP/trademark law department of a law office or in-house department;
- You are proactive, commercially skilled, flexible and know how to set priorities;
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English (spoken and written), sufficient knowledge of French to conduct conversations with clients and colleagues;
- You enjoy working in a team.