Intellectual Property (IP) Consultant with a focus on trademark law (Brussels)
For our office in Belgium (Brussels) we are looking for an Intellectual Property Consultant with a focus on trademark law.
Do you have a special interest in the world of trademark law and innovation? If yes, our team is looking for you. We are looking for an enthusiastic Consultant with knowledge of trademark law and who is open to innovative methods and solutions. You will be the face of Novagraaf and the Questel Group to clients and think with clients about the challenges in the market.
Who we are
Novagraaf is a global player in the field of intellectual property (IP) protection. Whether it's trademarks, patents or designs, we advise on protection, manage rights around the world, identify abuse and take decisive action when infringement occurs. As a member of the Questel Group, we are in the top three global leaders in IP services and renowned for our integrated platform of software and services for managing IP and innovation.
As a group, we enjoy the trust of more than 30,000 clients in 30 countries. Our specialists work on the challenges of tomorrow, nationally and internationally.
To strengthen our team we are looking for an experienced IP Consultant. Your challenge will be to manage the IP rights of our clients and advise our clients in the development and defence of their IP rights. The Belgian team consists of 16 colleagues and we are ambitious, approachable and non-hierarchical. We can offer you a unique environment where you can work daily on the most beautiful and strongest brands.
Who are we looking for:
You have several years of experience as an IP lawyer and are ready for the next step in your career. You know how important it is for a company to build a strong brand strategy. You therefore respond quickly and fully to clients' questions and, above all, take the time to advise and assist them thoroughly. Like no one else, you understand the importance of good client relations and networking at business association events.
As an IP Consultant, these are your main challenges:
- Knowledge: to-the-point advice to our clients and the further development of services and knowledge.
- Client Satisfaction: a good understanding of clients' current and future IP needs.
- High Performance Culture: contributing to the good performance and knowledge of the whole team.
In the role of IP Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting our clients in all IP legal issues and managing their IP portfolio.
- Advising our clients on IP strategy, conducting trademark searches and outlining the territorial and substantive scope of trademark protection, handling litigation files and oppositions, and drafting objection and defence briefs.
- Recognising clients' needs and wishes and translating them into concrete, pragmatic and business-oriented advice.
- Building and maintaining a relationship of trust with our clients.
- Representing Novagraaf at IP conferences, webinars and publications, and making presentations to clients, professionals and industry associations.
We offer you:
- A wide variety of clients;
- A full-time position and the opportunity to work flexible and hybrid hours;
- An attractive gross monthly salary complemented by interesting benefits;
- A pleasant and open corporate culture where personal growth is encouraged.
Our offices are easily accessible by public transport, bicycle or by car
Who are you?
- You are a lawyer with a specialisation in IP.
- You have worked for several years at an IP consulting firm, in industry or in the legal profession in the IP/trademark law department and you are ready for the next step in your career.
- You are proactive, commercially skilled, flexible and know how to set priorities.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language in speech and writing.
- You like to work in a team and you are interested in the latest (technological) developments within IP.
Are you interested?
Please send your application with CV to Ingrid Mennens, Director Novagraaf Belgium at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.